Solera Networks strives to continuously bring useful and new technology to market to keep your networks secure. As part of the regular lifecycle of any technology product it is necessary to replace older products with newer products. It is the goal of Solera Networks to provide the best service and support to all customers and to be clear and upfront about the transitions in our products’ lifecycle so customers can plan and budget accordingly. The following End of Life Policy applies to all Solera Networks Hardware and Software.
Hardware End of Life Policy for Solera Networks products:
- Solera Networks will provide 3 months notice prior to a hardware product’s End of Sale, at which time the product will no longer be available for order.
- Solera Networks will provide product support for a period of 3 years following the End of Sale date until the product’s End Of Life, provided a valid service contract is maintained on the product.
- Software (i.e. Solera DeepSee) will be supported according to the Software End of Life Policy. In addition, the last minor release available on the hardware platform before End Of Sale will continue to be supported for the duration of the hardware EOL support. Software support may include bug fixes, maintenance releases, work-arounds, and patches for critical bugs.
- Hardware replacement or replacement parts will be available for 3 years following the End of Sale date, provided a valid service contract is maintained on the product. At Solera Networks discretion, hardware may be replaced with similar or equivalent product.
- A product must be covered on a support contract at the time of the End of Sale date to be eligible for renewal. Support contracts may be renewed for the duration of the End of Life cycle, but cannot lapse during this time and be re-instated later.
Software End of Life Policy for Solera Networks products and releases:
- Solera Networks will provide support for the three previous major or minor releases of software, including the current major or minor release, or 12 months after each major or minor release, whichever is greater.
- For example, if the previous three major and minor releases were version 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0 support will be provided for all three. In this case, if version 1.4 had been released less than 12 months prior to the current date, support for that version will also be available.
- Software support includes bug fixes, maintenance releases, work-arounds, and patches for critical bugs.
- A product must be covered on a valid, paid support contract to receive support. Support contracts may be renewed for the duration of the End of Life cycle, but cannot lapse during this time and be re-instated later.
End of Life Policy: The policy covering End of Sale announcement through End of Life for a product.
End of Life: The last day that a product will be supported by Solera Networks.
End of Sale: The last day that a product will be available for order from Solera Networks.
Major release: Each Solera DeepSee release includes three numbers (x.y.z). The “x” represents a major release.
Minor release: The “y” in the x.y.z nomenclature above represents a minor feature release.
Maintenance release: The “z” in the x.y.z nomenclature above represents a maintenance release.